Fifteen Ways a Teacher Can Reduce Their Carbon Emissions
- Do not leave your telly or computer monitor on standby.
- Unplug your mobile phone or MP3 player charger once you have finished charging.
- Take a shower instead of a bath.
- Become a recycling champion at school and at home.
- Plant a tree.
- Don't overfill your kettle.
- Know where your lunch came from; buy locally grown and produced foods.
- Be a role model for your pupils by walking or cycling to school.
- Use a mug not a disposable cup.
- Fly less, earn fewer air miles.
- Use recycled paper for all school documents and always use both sides of a sheet of paper.
- Fit energy-saving light bulbs.
- Use a biro from start to finish, or a refillable fountain pen.
- Reduce the usage of white boards and remember to switch it off during lunch and after class finishes.
- Have a Climate Change Awareness After School Club or activity day run by pupils.
"Be the change you want to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi